Tuesday 18 March 2014

Birch Bark

Yesterday I climbed Mont Royal here in Montreal. I made it a magickal mission to obtain a piece of white birch bark on my descent. My Holy Guardian Angel was instructing me on which tree to tear a piece off of. She told me that most of the trees cannot take it. They have many people who will tear the bark off when they see it. These trees are the ones that are not off the beaten path.

I was at the summit. I could hear the tapping of a woodpecker. This magickal moment filled me with awe. I wanted to follow the sound. I didn`t want to scare the bird away. I quietly followed the sound until I found him. He was tapping his beak into a tree which looked dead. I was happy to see him there. I went on my way. My Holy Guardian Angel told me not to rip the bark off the white birch tree at the summit. I listened to her. I walked down the hill.

I wanted the white birch bark for a magickal exercise. Birch is associated with Venus. I thought that I could use some love in my life. Birch seemed appropriate as a piece of paper to list out goals for the coming year. I am going to draw up a list of goals to accomplish. This list will be to commemorate my 38th birthday. I will write it up on my piece of birch bark.

I had begun to lose hope of finding a tree my Holy Guardian Angel would think it okay for me to tear a piece from. I wandered down many snow covered paths. I encountered many people walking on the mountain. Some people were cross country skiing.

I began to realize that I was further north than I had thought. At this second I decided to turn down a very small path where few people had walked. This path was very tiny. It might seem like a bad idea, but my Holy Guardian Angel told me that I could take this path to get out to the street.

This was when I saw my tree. It had lots of bark on it. It was all alone. My angel told me that this tree could take a bit of bark being torn from it. I climbed knee deep into the snow to be able to reach up and pull away a big piece of loose bark. My pants were covered in snow.

I rolled up my piece of bark and put it in my bag. I stumbled out to a highway where there was no sidewalk. I walked along for a few minutes to get out to the street. I was only a few blocks north of where I had hoped to exit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment